On May 29th, 2021, the 7,000th article was added to the SuccuWiki!
Succubus Dreams Original Book Cover,
written by Richelle Mead
October 1, 2008 (Paperback)|
October 30, 2012 (eBook)
October 30, 2012
(Mass Market Paperback)
Mass Market Paperback
304 Pages (Paperback)|
353 Pages (eBook)
352 Pages (Mass Market Paperback)
978-0821780794 (Mass Market Paperback)
Succubus on Top|
aka Succubus Nights
|Followed by||Succubus Heat|
Succubus Dreams is a novel written by Richelle Mead and is part of the Georgina Kincaid book series. It is the third work of the series and was part of a six book series and two additional short stories. In this work the character Georgina Kincaid is a succubus living in the Seattle area who works at a bookstore there.
- Title: Succubus Dreams
- Author: Richelle Mead
- Published By: Kensington
- Length: 304 Pages (Paperback)
353 Pages (eBook)
352 Pages (Mass Market Paperback)
- Format: Paperback, eBook, Mass Market Paperback
- ASIN: B009L82WOO (eBook)
- ISBN-10: 1420128256 (eBook)
- ISBN-13: 978-1420128253 (eBook)
- ISBN-10: 0758216432 (Paperback)
- ISBN-13: 978-0758216434 (Paperback)
- ISBN-10: 0821780794 (Mass Market Paperback)
- ISBN-13: 978-0821780794 (Mass Market Paperback)
- Publishing Date: October 1, 2008 (Paperback)
- October 30, 2012 (eBook)
- October 30, 2012 (Mass Market Paperback)
Other Works in this Series on SuccuWiki
- Succubus Blues
- Succubus on Top
- Succubus Nights - This is the United Kingdom Re-release of Succubus on Top
- Succubus Heat
- Succubus Shadows
- Succubus Revealed
- Brushstrokes - Short Story
- City of Demons - Short Story
- City of Demons
Some days, a girl just can't catch a break ... especially when the girl in question is Georgina Kincaid, a shape-shifting succubus who gets her energy from seducing men. First there's her relationship with gorgeous bestselling writer Seth Mortensen, which is unsatisfying on a number of levels. It's not just that they can't have sex in case Georgina inadvertently kills him (generally a turn-off for most guys). Lately, even spending time together is a challenge. Seth's obsessed with finishing his latest novel, and Georgina's under demonic orders to mentor the new (and surprisingly inept) succubus on the block.
Then there are the dreams. Someone, or something, is preying on Georgina at night, draining her energy, and supplying eerie visions of her future. Georgina seeks answers from Dante, a dream interpreter with ties to the underworld, but his flirtatious charm only leaves her more confused-especially as the situation with Seth reaches crisis point. Now Georgina faces a double challenge-rein in her out-of-control love life, and go toe-to-toe with an enemy capable of wreaking serious havoc among mankind. Otherwise, Georgina, and the entire mortal world, may never sleep easy again.
- Georgina Kincaid - Succubus and main character AKA- Thetis, Letha, Tabitha, Josephine
- Jerome - Local Head demon and boss of all the immortals of hell including Georgina and her friends. Father of Roman and Helena. Looks like John Cusack
- Carter - Angel Friend of Jerome, Georgina, Hugh, Peter, and Cody. Described as looking like a bum. Saved Georgina's life.
- Hugh - Imp & friend to Georgina
- Peter - Vampire, friend of Georgina and is around the same age as her.
- Cody - Young vampire, apprentice of Peter, Georgina's friend and Dance partner.
- Bastien - Incubus, long time friend of Georgina
- Sol - A god. His blood is Ambrosia. He also seeks humans to date rape.
- Seth - Human writer of Georgina's favorite series (Cady and O'Neill) and love interest.
- Erik - Human psychic, friend of Georgina. Runs a book store.
- Paige - Pregnant manager of Georgina at Emerald City Books & Cafe
- Doug - Co-Assistant manager at bookstore. Friend of Georgina and Lead singer in a band.
- Alec - Drummer in Doug's band. Human assistant to Sol.
- Maddie - Doug's sister
- Dana - Bastien's Neighbor. Radio Host and leader of CPFV.
- Bill - Dana's husband and a Senator
- Jody - Dana's neighbor and friend. She becomes Georgina's friend and the leader of the CPFV.
- Aubry - Georgina's cat
The following review can be found in the External Links below:
Georgina Kincaid is having a heck of a Christmas so far. As she's continuing to work hard at her relationship with Seth, a relationship that everyone thinks is a hopeless case, she finds out that she's to be a mentor to a brand new succubus who is terrible at her job. Not only that but the imp who had bought her soul is the one who has to oversee her mentoring of the new succubus and he definitely seems to be out to make sure she fails in her role although she does not know why.
A posse of angels sets up camp in her apartment with a mysterious agenda, she has a lot of hot succubus scenes and finds that it is getting harder and harder to deny the desires between her and Seth. More trouble is on the horizon as our heroine discovers that something or someone is draining her energy. She has strange fascinating and realistic dreams then wakes up with all her energy gone, meaning she has to 'feed' more often. This situation causes her to seek out help and she is directed towards a man name Dante who isn't really helpful in doing anything more then to confuse her further.
You see glimpses of her past and it just makes Georgina even more of a real person. You find yourself feeling sorrow and empathy for her in her remembrances of the past, her mistakes that she's made and the guilt that she carries around. Some of the characters reference that she's the 'succubus with a heart' and that may be simplistic but it's true. Her actions don't seem evil but merely those of any normal human being with emotions. She still finds joy in life even in her situation. She's still a romantic, she's pragmatic but optimistic and she has a great cast of friends.
The ending made me cry and upset me, which is a testament to the author's skill in creating such a likable and realistic character. SPOILER.....Her relationship with Seth takes a incredibly (for me) tragic turn and I wanted to rail against the fates for her sake. I really hated Seth and still do, because I had liked him so much before and as he betrayed Georgina, I felt betrayed as well. I felt sorry for him, but no longer. I wasn't satisfied with the way it ended. I wanted Seth to suffer, perhaps he is suffering, but that doesn't change what he'd done. It shocked me that this happened and I don't know how it will be handled in the next book. I'm rooting for Georgina to find happiness, true happiness, and am confident that she will.