On January 20th, 2020, the 6,000th article was added to the SuccuWiki!
Succubus Shadows Original Book Cover,
written by Richelle Mead
April 1, 2010 (Paperback)|
March 12, 2010 (eBook)
March 30, 2010 (Audiobook)
304 Pages (Paperback)|
305 Pages (eBook)
|Preceded by||Succubus Heat|
|Followed by||Succubus Revealed|
Succubus Shadows is a novel written by Richelle Mead and is part of the Georgina Kincaid book series. It is the fifth work of the series and was part of a six book series and two additional short stories. In this work the character Georgina Kincaid is a succubus living in the Seattle area who works at a bookstore there.
- Title: Succubus Shadows
- Author: Richelle Mead
- Published By: Kensington
- Length: 304 Pages (Paperback)
305 Pages (eBook)
- Format: Paperback, eBook and Audiobook
- ASIN: B0031W1DW8 (eBook)
- ISBN-10: 0758232004 (Paperback)
- ISBN-13: 978-0758232007 (Paperback)
- Publishing Date: April 1, 2010 (Paperback)
- March 12, 2010 (eBook)
- March 30, 2010 (Audiobook)
Other Works in this Series on SuccuWiki
- Succubus Blues
- Succubus on Top
- Succubus Nights - This is the United Kingdom Re-release of Succubus on Top
- Succubus Dreams
- Succubus Heat
- Succubus Revealed
- Brushstrokes - Short Story
- City of Demons - Short Story
- City of Demons
Georgina Kincaid has formidable powers. Immortality, seduction, shape-shifting into any human form she desires, walking in heels that would cripple mere mortals--all child's play to a succubus like her.
Helping to plan her ex-boyfriend's wedding is a different story. Georgina isn't sure which is worse--that Seth is marrying another woman, or that Georgina has to run all over Seattle trying on bridesmaid dresses. Still, there are distractions. Georgina's roommate, Roman, is cluttering her apartment with sexual tension. Then there's Simone, the new succubus in town, who's intent on corrupting Seth.
But the real danger lies in the mysterious force that's visiting her thoughts, trying to draw her into a dark, otherworldly realm. Sooner or later, Georgina knows she'll be too weak to resist. And when that happens, she'll discover who she can trust, who she can't--and that Hell is far from the worst place to spend eternity. . .
- Georgina Kincaid - Succubus and main character AKA- Thetis, Letha, Tabitha, Josephine
- Jerome - Local Head demon and boss of all the immortals of hell including Georgina and her friends. Father of Roman and Helena. Looks like John Cusack
- Carter - Angel Friend of Jerome, Georgina, Hugh, Peter, and Cody. Described as looking like a bum. Saved Georgina's life.
- Hugh - Imp & friend to Georgina
- Peter - Vampire, friend of Georgina and is around the same age as her.
- Cody - Young vampire, apprentice of Peter, Georgina's friend and Dance partner.
- Bastien - Incubus, long time friend of Georgina
- Sol - A god. His blood is Ambrosia. He also seeks humans to date rape.
- Seth - Human writer of Georgina's favorite series (Cady and O'Neill) and love interest.
- Erik - Human psychic, friend of Georgina. Runs a book store.
- Paige - Pregnant manager of Georgina at Emerald City Books & Cafe
- Doug - Co-Assistant manager at bookstore. Friend of Georgina and Lead singer in a band.
- Alec - Drummer in Doug's band. Human assistant to Sol.
- Maddie - Doug's sister
- Dana - Bastien's Neighbor. Radio Host and leader of CPFV.
- Bill - Dana's husband and a Senator
- Jody - Dana's neighbor and friend. She becomes Georgina's friend and the leader of the CPFV.
- Aubry - Georgina's cat
The following review can be found in the External Links below:
Georgina doesn't seem to get a break. After dealing with numerous life threatening events--in not even a year--our favorite succubus has a new problem: planning a marriage. But this isn't just any marriage, mind you. This is a marriage that she secretly wishes would not transpire.
It doesn't end there, though. She's now being stalked by a mysterious "siren's song." This strange presence only seems to approach her when she's at her lowest, and provides a sense of escape from her depression with promises of warmth and support. Yet, even with this aura attempting to lure her through some sort of dimensional gate, Georgina's wary. For good reason.
Initially, I thought that Richelle was losing her touch because the start to Succubus Shadows was too slow for my tastes. It seemed as if it was the same issues we saw Georgina struggling with in the last book--Seth proposing to another woman coupled with her inability to cope--were being overdone. But once you get past the slow start, the new direction taken is redeemed in my eyes.
Powerful doesn't give this book justice. Georgina's struggles (emotional and moral) are not only believable but also moving. I even found myself emphasizing with the the poor immortal suffering from depression. If you had to deal with all the paranormal issues she dealt with, and witness the person you were madly in love with parading around with their new significant other, I'm pretty sure you'd be feeling pretty bummed out too. I know I'd be ready to demand a vacation.
With that said, I may be the only one, but I'm not a huge fan of Seth anymore. I don't want to see Georgina's life keep going "in circles"--which is something readers are shown through a series of dreams from Georgie's past. I want to see her embrace her life, even if embracing said life means attempting a relationship with another immortal. Maybe someone like... Roman!
The cliffhanger Mead ends Succubus Shadows with made me want to scream. Not out of frustration, but simply because I want to know why. I have my suspicions now about Seth, but I think I'm looking too into the text, when in actuality, the answer could be simpler.
If you've read the first four Georgina Kincaid books, then you will not want to miss out on Succubus Shadows. You will not be disappointed--and if you're like me, you'll be dying for the next book.