On January 20th, 2020, the 6,000th article was added to the SuccuWiki!
|Lost Girl Series Article|
Lost Girl Series Articles
Lost Girl Series Characters
Lost Girl Series Episodes
|Lost Girl episode|
Lauren, Dyson and Bo
make a promise they intend to keep
Overall Episode 77
|Directed by||Paolo Barzman|
|Written by||Michael Grassi|
|Produced by||Wendy Grean|
|Featured Music||See Section Below|
|Cinematography by||Craig Wright|
|Editing by||Dale Gagne|
|Original Air Date||October 25, 2015|
|Length||60 minutes (runtime)|
Short Summary List of Lost Girl Episodes
Detailed List of Lost Girl episodes
Bo fights against Hades' plans
while Bo's Family suffers a tragic loss
and a promise is made
SuccuWiki Rating: (3.6)
Lost Girl is a Canadian developed and produced television series which premiered in the 2010 season on the television channel Showcase.
For further on Bo, the succubus of the series, see her article in the SuccuWiki here. For the series itself, see that article here. For a general discussion of Succubi and their mythos in the series, see that article here.
Rise was the sixteenth episode of the fifth season of the series, the seventy-seventh overall episode, and the series finale of the Canadian television series Lost Girl. It was first shown on the Showcase Television Channel in Canada on October 25, 2015 at 9 PM Eastern time.
- Series: Lost Girl
- Season: 5
- Episode Number: 16 (77th Overall)
- Episode Title: Rise
- Directed by: Paolo Barzman
- Writing credits: Michael Grassi
- Production Company: Prodigy Pictures
- Running Time: 60 Minutes (Including Commercials)
- Country of Origin: Canada
- Originally Aired on: October 25, 2015 on the Showcase Television Channel in Canada
- Number of Canadian Viewers: Not Released
- Number of American Viewers: 342,000
|Actor / Actress||Role|
|Sam Malkin||Dark Fae Elder #1|
|Shakura S'Aida||Dark Fae Elder #2|
|Jon De Leon||Dark Fae Elder #3|
|Anthony Sherwood||Light Fae Elder #1|
|Dalal Badr||Light Fae Elder #2|
|Brenda Kamino||Light Fae Elder #3|
|Ishan Morris||Police Officer|
Music in this Episode
|I Wanna Show You||Courtesy of APM Music|
|London Boys||Courtesy of APM Music|
|The Shoop Shoop Song
(It's In His Kiss)
|Written by Rudy Clark|
Courtesy of Alley Music Corp.
|Dark Runs Out||Amy Stroup||Written by Amy Stroup and Troy Akers|
|Don't Pick Me Up||Courtesy of APM Music|
|I Hope This Isn't The End For You
|Sunparlour Players||Written by Andrew Penner|
and Michael Rosenthal
Bruce saves everyone from the fire, Hades believing that they are dead, travelling with Vex’s help in his motorhome. Bo tells Hades she wants to get rid of Tamsin and takes Tamsin’s Chi, seemingly killing her, but instead Bo saving her from Hades’ plan and allowing Tamsin to escape. Hades reveals he wants Bo to feed off all Chi in the world. Hades uses the Hellskor shoes to trap Bo and then forces her to do so, telling Bo that the bringer of death is what she is meant to be, using all of the things that have gone wrong for Bo in her life to break her and telling Bo that she cannot love, which then pushes Bo over the edge and she begins to feed on the city’s Chi, killing all those she has fed on, Hades turning them into the army that he desires.
None of Bo’s friends are effected because of the horseshoe which Bo left in their care when she set the clubhouse on fire which protects them all from harm. Hades sends Bo to retrieve the horseshoe, to end their threat and complete his plan. Bo confronts her friends, Kenzi attempting to bring Bo back, telling Bo that she isn’t alone, that she is needed, and Kenzi needs her. This does not succeed, Bo destroying the horseshoe and taking the Chi from them. Bo then relives her life through the memories of them through their Chi and breaks Hades’ control over her. Bo confronts Hades, the two coming to blows while Tamsin has her baby with Kenzi and Lauren’s help. Hades intending to take Tamsin’s child with him and continue his plans without Bo. Bo overcomes Hades with the love of her family, banishing him and then returns the Chi that she took from the city, ending Hades’ threat.
Tamsin has a baby girl, named Dagny, then asks Bo to look after her daughter. Bo promises to do so before Tamsin passes away, Tamsin turning into white light and vanishing into the sky. Bo gives Tamsin’s baby to Kenzi who then leaves, promising to look after her and be there for Bo always. Vex and Mark comes to terms with their relationship, Mark telling Vex he will not choose Light or Dark, and chooses to be with Vex. Bo and Lauren kiss and renew their relationship for as long as Lauren lives. Dyson inherits the Dal Riata and decides to wait to continue his relationship with Bo.
Time passes and Dagny is brought to the Dal Riata, she meeting her Family and it is revealed that Kenzi has told her all about the Fae and who she is. It is also revealed that in the colony, no one is made to choose a side and they are trying to bring that change to the Fae as a whole. When Dagny reveals a hint of the evil inside of her, Bo promises that they will be ready for the day it comes.
When the episode was originally shown on Showcase, there was a short additional program which ran before the actual episode began. Anna Silk was shown watching a series of thank you video letters which Lost Girl fans sent to her from the September 3rd, 2015 Fan Expo Canada convention held in Toronto. Following the videos, Anna spoke to the viewers of Lost Girl and expressed her thanks to the fans, for them reminding her, always, that the series mattered, and ending with: "We did it for you, so thank you very much."
The episode opened with a recap of the previous episode including: Bo and Kenzi arriving at the Fae horse ranch, Bo saying that she needed to find the Pyrippus, explaining that it had been depicted as a stallion that breathes fire, Kenzi adding that they believe they can control it with the horseshoe that Bo possesses. After an image of the fire breathing stallion that Bo encountered is shown, Bo reveals that she is the Pyrippus. Hades then asking Tamsin how she is, Tamsin resisting him, then being seen crying out to Bo for help when Bo arrived at Hades' condominium. Bo is then seen telling Hades he has no need for Tamsin, Hades' then telling Bo that when Tamsin's baby is born, Tamsin will die. Bo is then shown pouring gasoline over the clubhouse, to prove herself to Hades, then calling Kenzi to draw her Family into the trap Bo has set. Lauren, Dyson, Kenzi and Mark are then seen trapped in the clubhouse as it burns, Hades asking Bo if she wants to save them, but Bo replying: "Let them burn."
The episode begins with Dyson (Kristen Holden-Ried) still holding up the ceiling crossmember that had collapsed to keep it from falling onto the others, shouting: "If I let this go, the whole building comes down!" Lauren (Zoie Palmer) sees something in the smoke and draws it to Kenzi's (Ksenia Solo) attention. The pair then notice that the horseshoe is holding the flames back from coming closer, akin to a forcefield around them. There is the sound of wood breaking from another direction and Bruce (Rob Archer) smashes his way inside, pausing and calling out: "Hey guys." The scene then moves to outside of the clubhouse where Mark (Luke Bilyk), Lauren, Dyson, Kenzi and Bruce are shown to have escaped the fire and gather around a nearby fence. As Bruce looks at the clubhouse he comments: "It's the end of an era." Kenzi asks: "Why are you here? I mean, Bruce, how did you know?" Bruce explains: "Bo called. Told me to meet her here." Mark asks: "Bo did this?" Kenzi refuses to believe this, replying: "Don't think that for a second she called Bruce." Mark tells Kenzi: "She trapped us!" Showing Mark the horseshoe, Kenzi insists: "She also planted this! She took it from my bag and she put it there to help us! I've seen this thing shield Bo from fire!" Lauren nods: "She knew it would protect us." Mark asks: "What's the point of trying to murder us anyway?" Dyson calmly replies: "To prove allegiance. This must be part of her plan to take down Hades." Kenzi nods: "She wants him to think we're dead, so we have to play along." Dyson agrees and adds: "We need to move. We need to get to the Elders." Lauren asks how they can travel and remain invisible, Mark answering: "I've got an idea. It's a good one I swear." Kenzi then turns back to look at the burning clubhouse and whispers: "Goodbye crack shack. Bo, this better be the greatest plan ever." Kenzi then turns away, the rest following her as the clubhouse continues to burn.
Bo (Anna Silk) and Hades (Eric Roberts) are then shown at Hades' condominium, Hades gloating: "Father and daughter finally side by side. It's time to fulfill your destiny. There's nothing left to hold you back." Bo replies: "There is one thing. Your backup plan. I don't want her around." Hades chuckles: "Sibling rivalry. You're reminding me more and more of myself." Bo responds: "You only have one daughter. I'm it." Hades nods: "Consider it taken care of." Bo stops Hades and tells him: "I want to do it. I want to kill Tamsin."
Tamsin is then seen, still imprisoned as Bo approaches her. Tamsin approaches the bars, whispering Bo's name, but Bo does not reply. Tamsin sees Hades standing nearby and tells Bo: "Whatever he's done to you, you need to snap out of it. Do you hear me? Listen, I know what it's like. Jack took control of me in Valhalla, do you remember? And you helped me out of it. You have the power to fight him." Bo does not reply to any of this and Tamsin begs Bo to say something. Bo still does not, but kneels down on the other side of the bars from Tamsin, touches one of Tamsin's hands and then the two kiss. When the kiss ends, Bo begins to take Tamsin's Chi from her until Tamsin collapses on the floor. Bo then stands, her eyes glowing blue and tells Hades: "Time to get my destiny on... Daddy."
Following the opening credits we return to a black motorhome making its way through the city. Inside, Vex (Paul Amos) is shown at the wheel, Dyson standing next to him. Mark is in the passenger front seat while Lauren and Kenzi are in the back. Dyson tells Vex: "First things first, we get word back to the Elders, get them mobilized." Mark nods: "A proper defence is only as good as its counter-offence." As they continue to discuss matters, Kenzi is seen in the back of the motorhome looking around her, picking up a string of unused condoms before dropping them to the floor. Dyson continues: "Whatever Bo's plan is, we'll give one helluva fight." Kenzi then calls out: "Who needs weapons when you've got mascara and heels?" Vex calls out: "Hey! Those Louboutin's could take an eye out!" Lauren then asks: "Vex, where do you keep your tweezers and duct tape, your pharmaceuticals... Watch out!" As Lauren yells, a truck cuts them off and Vex is forced to swerve to miss them, he then calling out: "Hey! Let's get something straight. As long as we're in my motorized caravan there will be no backseat driving, alright?" Vex then looks into the back of the motorhome and yells: "Hey! Put those back!" Kenzi then walks towards the front, carrying a small tea cup and comments: "You know, of all the creepy fetishes how is this your weirdest, hmm?" Vex continues to drive as he explains: "I'll have you know that's German Weimar porcelain. I've got a life outside of you people." Dyson smiles and taps Vex on his shoulder as he urges him: "Get us there fast. Get us there safe. We're in your hands." Vex then gestures from left to right in front of him which makes the truck move out of their way and Vex passes it commenting: "Excuse me."
Back at Hades' condominium, Bo walks with Hades towards an altar positioned by the balcony where, drawn into the stone, in an image of the Pyrippus. Bo comments: "There I am. Fire-breathing mass destruction. Should I pick up some Tums?" Hades replies: "Oh these are not flames, these are steams of life force. Chi. Consumed by my daughter. My Pyrippus. Bo and Hades then approach the altar from opposite sides, Bo whispering: "I'm gonna feed off the entire city." Hades replies: "First the colony. Then the continent. And once we're strong enough." Bo whispers in surprise: "The world." Hades continues: "Every single human and Fae." Then Hades reveals: "I know you didn't kill Tamsin my sweet daughter. It's time to cut your long game short." Bo asks: "If you didn't think this was real, why did you play along?" Hades chuckles: "Because I have you right where I want you." Bo's boots are then shown transforming, as the Hellskor appear and lock Bo's feet where she stands, Bo not being able to move. When Bo asks what is happening, Hades explains: "The hell shoes that took you to Valhalla serve me. I made them to keep you where I want you until you feed." After struggling a moment, Bo tells Hades: "I will never." Hades laughs: "It's in your nature Succubus. You can't avoid what you were made for." Bo resists, telling Hades: "You can't make me do this. I emancipated myself from you. I have nothing to do with you!" Hades disagrees, pointing out: "Nothing to do with me? Our connection runs much deeper than a handprint. Deeper than hell shoes. It runs deeper than blood. I created you! For me." Bo answers: "Push notification: 'You didn't raise me.' I was raised by a good mother, Mary Dennis. You had nothing to do with me! You don't have a say!" Hades smirks: "I don't have a say? I don't have a say. Hmph, you're right." Hades then steps away from Bo, then continues: "But even if I didn't raise you. Even if I wasn't in your life, you found death all on your own. Remember? Your first?" Bo whispers: "Kyle was a long time ago. It was a mistake. I've learned since then." Hades questions: "Have you? Cause it seems to me that death just keeps following you. Hale. Rainer. Trick. Aife." Bo shakes her head: "No. You killed Aife. You killed Trick." Hades grabs Bo from behind and growls: "I did it for you. To lead you to this very moment. Death is your birthright. It is your path!" Bo resists, telling Hades: "It's a path you cannot force me to follow." Hades smiles: "Bo, it's time for you to embrace your true self. Enjoy it." Bo whispers: "No." as Hades continues: "Once you start, you won't be able to stop. You will love it. I know you can feel it. The hunger. The darkness. The power. You've tried to run from it for years, but it's not a choice." Bo answers: "I stopped running a long time ago. I found my family." Hades tells Bo in disgust: "Family? You mean Kenzi? Did she stay?" Bo cries: "Don't you dare." Hades continues: "And Tamsin. Poor Tamsin. After she falls in love with you and you break her heart. Did she stay?" Bo cries out: "Stop!" But Hades does not stop, telling Bo: "And then the thing you wanted most. Imagine. A Succubus wanting a Friday night date at the movies kind of relationship. How'd that go for ya? Dyson? That didn't last, no! And Lauren. Lauren dumped you not once but twice! And even if it had worked out with Lauren eventually you would have to watch her wither and die with age because death is part of who you are!" Bo shrieks out loudly: "NO!" Then Hades tells Bo: "You and I. We're not capable of love." Bo gasps, her head falling forwards as Hades steps back and commands: "Now feed." When Bo raises her head, her eyes are bright blue, her mouth is hanging slightly open and then she whispers: "Only I will choose who lives." Hades smiles: "That's my girl." Bo then outstretches her hands and opens her mouth to feed, moments later many streams of Chi begin to waft up from the city below and flood into her. As Bo does so, the carving in the stone of the altar beings to glow, the Chi moving through Bo, then into the stone, making the carving glow with the Chi that Bo has consumed from the city. The streets below are then shown, people looking upwards for a moment, then the Chi leaving their bodies and travelling towards Bo, more and more individuals being seen collapsed to the ground and unmoving.
Vex's motorhome is then seen travelling the city streets, a closeup of the rear license plate showing it reads: PPTMSTER before Lauren is shown working on something. She comments: "Improvised sedative gun. Thank you Karen Beattie." Dyson smiles: "Woman of wisdom and eco-terrorist weaponry. Glad we're on the same team." Lauren tells Dyson: "Well, I'm glad you are the one leading us. We're gonna go get our girls." Dyson is silent a moment, looking away, then tells Lauren: "I used to worry about her all the time." Lauren smiles: "It's the nature of the Succubus. But then she found her family." Dyson shakes his head: "No, she found you. When you were together I didn't worry so much." Lauren sighs: "Yeah. Then I pushed her away." Dyson tells Lauren: "I know you think you can't be with Bo. But you're wrong. It's messy yes. It's complicated. And it's worth it." Lauren admits: "You know I used to worry about her. What would happen to her when I die and I realized I don't have to. She'll have you." Neither says anything for a moment, then they touch each others hands and nod slightly. Kenzi then calls them both to the front of the motorhome where Vex comments: Either this is Aurora Borealis or that Jerry Garcia weekend is coming back to haunt me." Mark asks: "Who is Jerry Garcia?" Dyson answers: "It's Bo. She's feeding." Kenzi admits: "I just peed." and when Vex looks at her, Kenzi continues: "Only a little." Lauren explains: "Her group suck. We're seen this before, but now it's the entire city. She's gone full Dark Queen." Kenzi sighs: "Or full-on Pyrippus." Lauren is confused asking: "It doesn't make any sense. How come we're not affected?" Mark comments: "Lucky charm" as Kenzi rushes into the back of the motorhome and then returns with the horseshoe, adding: "It's magically delicious." Lauren nods: "Of course. First the fire, now this. This horseshoe is protecting us from all things Pyrippus." Dyson whispers: "Not the Elders." The motorhome is then seen turning a corner, the Chi of the city floating above the streets and rushing upwards to where Bo continues to feed. Hades watches and gloats: "That's it Bo. Beautiful. Amazing. Oh, yes, yes." As Bo continues, the carving continues to fill with Chi, the light growing brighter and covering more of the image as time passes.
Dyson, Lauren, Kenzi, Vex and Mark are then seen entering the Dal Riata where they find all of the Fae Elders laying on the floor, Bo having taken the Chi from them all. Kenzi touches one the Elders and tells Lauren: "Doc! No pulse!" Lauren cries out: "Oh no, no there's nothing... I can't do anything! They're gone!" As Mark checks another of the Elders he answers: "And so goes our manpower." Vex asks: "From what we saw outside, does rhatr mean everyone but us is..." Dyson sighs: "Dead." Lauren whispers: "Jack has completely taken her over. She's lost." Kenzi walks through the Dal Riata and whispers to herself: "Bobo... What have you done?"
Returning to Bo and Hades, Bo completes feeding on the Chi of the city and then, in her other voice, eyes glowing brightly, she proclaims: "I can be more powerful than all other Fae. Everyone will kneel at my feet. There will be no more Dark and no more Light. There will be only me. My true army cometh. Humans. Fae. All will bow before me. I am your Queen!" As Bo finishes speaking, Hades is seen standing nearby and smiling in approval of Bo's actions.
Following the first commercial break, Bo drops to her knees upon the altar and cries: "That was incredible. More. I need more. All of it. Everything like you promised!" Hades approaches Bo, chiding: "Patience sweet pea. In order to rule, we need soldiers. An army. Now it's time I fill them with my will. Followers, they're all the same." Bo replies: "What they need is direction. Yours."
Tamsin is seen laying on the floor of her cell, not moving, but then opens her eyes and sits up. After looking around for a moment, Tamsin removes a key that had been hidden in her mouth, Bo having transferred it to Tamsin when she kissed Tamsin earlier in the episode. As Tamsin works to open the lock she sings in a soft voice: "If you wanna know if she loves you so, it's in her kiss. That's where it is."
The scene then moves to a city street where Vex's motorhome has stopped. Vex, Dyson, Lauren, Kenzi and Mark are then seen walking together outside of the motorhome and down the street. Seeing some police officers laying in the street, Dyson comments: "I know these officers. They were good men." Mark asks how many there might be and Kenzi answers: "Bo couldn't have done this. it was Jack. It had to be him." Lauren begins to tell Kenzi something, but Kenzi turns on her exclaiming: "What? You think she did this?" Lauren points out they all saw the blue light and the evidence points at what has happening being caused by Bo. Kenzi insists that Bo, if she did cause the disaster, was forced by Hades to do so, telling Lauren: "He's controlling the Pyrippus inside of her." Mark then comments: "Just like he made her almost burn us to death?" Kenzi asks Dyson: "D, c'mon, back me up." Dyson tells her: "Kenz, open your eyes, look around." Kenzi angrily pushes Dyson, telling him: "Oh what? You think she's evil now too? Is that it? You know I'd expect this from somebody else but not from you." Kenzi steps back, then asks: "Guys. What if we lost her?" Kenzi then begins to sob and cry, Dyson then holding her and promising: "Then we'll find her again. Kenz, we'll find her. We're not giving up." Lauren adds: "And no one ever will. We will save Tamsin, we will save Bo." Kenzi says nothing, only nodding in response. As Lauren check a body for a pulse she whispers: "God, please let there be a Bo to save."
Returning to Bo and Hades, they are looking at the mural of the Pyrippus, Hades frowning as he comments: "Something isn't right. There is still free will in the territory." Bo replies: "That's impossible. I fed off everyone." Hades tells Bo: "If you had, then my steed would be complete. Who is still alive?" Bo is silent, then answers: "My former allies." Hades demands to know how this is possible and Bo reveals: "The horseshoe forged for me by the Ancients." Hades fumes: "That is what Zee was up to. She knew it would be used against me." Bo then kneels and begs Hades for forgiveness explaining: "It was before I accepted my true destiny." Hades places his hand under Bo's chin, making her look up as he demands: "Find them. Take it back." Bo stands, her eyes glowing bright blue as she tells Hades: "I will devour them." Hades nods: "Hell on Earth Baby. Make it happen." Bo then leaves as the mural is shown, almost completed with the Chi that courses through it save for one figure that is not. Hades then ascends to the altar and calls out: "Guardians of the city. Rise."
The scene then shifts back to where Dyson, Kenzi, Lauren, Vex and Mark are nearby a police station. Dyson calls Kenzi over to him as the bodies of the police officers begin to move, gather, and close in on them, their weapons drawn. As Dyson, Kenzi, Lauren, Vex and Mark are surrounded, Lauren comments: "I think I just peed." Kenzi moans: "See?" When Lauren asks Dyson what is happening, he replies: "How many syringes have you got in that thing?" Lauren answers: "Not nearly enough." Vex comments: "Here's one for you: How many stiffs does it take to destroy a motorized caravan and all its inhabitants?" Lauren answers: "That depends. Do proposed inhabitants happen to have a life saving horseshoe?" The officers then open fire, but their attack is repelled by a forcefield that surrounds Dyson, Kenzi, Lauren, Vex and Mark as they move towards the motorhome. Kenzi calls out: "I am so marrying this thing when we're done!" As they enter, the shield then surrounds the motorhome, continuing to protect them from harm as the attack continues.
Following another commercial break, Dyson, Kenzi, Lauren, Vex and Mark are at a standoff with the police who are acting under Hades' control. One officer using a bullhorn calls out: "We pledge our servitude to Hades, the Dark Lord. Surrender! Or be terminated!" Dyson sighs: "This is how he planned on bringing Hell on Earth. Not by raising souls from Tartarus..." Lauren adds: "...by raising them here. But first he needed to drain them." Kenzi sighs: "Enter Bo's Chi suck." Vex tells them: "How about we talk about this over tea when we're not being shot at?" Kenzi then whispers: "Tamsin..." Tamsin is then seen walking towards the motorhome, the assembled officers turning their weapons towards her. As she approaches, Tamsin comments: "I knew you guys didn't like me on the force, but this is a little extreme don't you think? You shift's up." Tamsin uses her powers of doubt to cause all of the officers to fall to the ground, their threat ended for the moment. Tamsin enters the motorhome and then asks: "What's up motherfae-ers?" Dyson whispers: "Your doubt overcame Hades." Lauren sighs: "She is carrying his child." Kenzi smiles: "You're doubting for two." Tamsin asks where Bo is and Kenzi replies: "She went Pyrippus." Tamsin disagrees, telling Kenzi: "No. She didn't. She kissed me..." Lauren snidely replies: "Oh, well, if she kissed you." Tamsin explains: "To put the key in my mouth, to save me, to help me escape." Kenzi comments: "A signature move she learned from me in Heccuba prison." Lauren asks if Bo had done this before or after she had fed off the city, Tamsin not able to reply as there is the sound of something landing on the roof of the motorhome.
Dyson, Kenzi, Lauren, Tamsin, Vex and Mark leave the motorhome and discover that Bo is standing on the roof, glaring at them and saying nothing. When Bo does not respond to calling out her name, Kenzi moves towards Bo, but Dyson stops her, intending to confront Bo himself. Kenzi tells Dyson: "I'll handle this. I'm the only one that can bring her back. I'm her heart remember?" Kenzi then approached Bo, carrying the horseshoe, and after climbing onto the roof of the motorhome, calls out to Bo: "Bobes? Bobo? Boom Boom-Bo? It's me. Kenzi. K-Star. Clog-the-drain-with-a-hair-ball-Malikov. Look, we've been through all of this before right? Djieiene spiders, Kitsunes, Even when Tamsin when Jack Nicholson evil. But we always come back." Bo says nothing as Kenzi continues to speak while Dyson, Lauren, Tamsin, Vex and Mark watch from below. Kenzi continues: "Because we've got back and this Kenzi-conda don't want none unless you got buns. Hun. Look, I left, I know, and I'm sorry. But you were with me every second that I was away and that is never gonna change. Because you're my sister from another mister. Until the end. So please, please come back to me." Bo moves closer to Kenzi, her eyes still bright blue, Kenzi whispering: "So what? Your eyes are glowing a shade of hell. I know that it's not you. It's him. So, please come back to fight him with us. Cause we need you. I need you." Bo's eyes lose their glow and she whispers: "Kenzi?" Kenzi hugs Bo happily, but as Kenzi does so, Bo's hold on Kenzi becomes tighter, Kenzi telling Bo that she is hurting her. When Kenzi moves back, Bo reveals she has the horseshoe, having taken it from Kenzi. Bo tells Kenzi: "This is mine." and then throws Kenzi off the roof of the motorhome, Dyson managing to catch her before Kenzi can be harmed. Bo is then seen ripping the horseshoe in half, throwing the pieces away from her and then starting to feed on her Family.
After still another commercial break, Bo is seen in closeup feeding, her eyes glowing brightly and the Chi of Dyson, Kenzi, Lauren, Tamsin, Vex and Mark entering her body. Bo then blinks once and a series of flashbacks from the series are shown where Bo fed on each of her family in the past, the memories coming with their Chi and reminding her of who they are and what they mean to her. Dyson, Kenzi, Lauren, Tamsin, Vex and Mark are then seen laying on the ground, their Chi still living their bodies followed by more memories of Bo being with them and feeding on them in the past. The last series of flashback images being of Lauren. Bo is then seen stopping her feeding, her eyes returning to normal and whispering: "Oh my god." as she leaves the roof of the motorhome. As Bo approaches Dyson, Kenzi, Lauren, Tamsin, Vex and Mark, they are all seen to be recovering slowly from Bo's attack on them. Bo kneels in front of Lauren and whispers: "God. Oh god, what have I done?" Lauren rolls over, clutching her stomach and asks: "Bo? Is that you?" But Bo says nothing, looking at the destruction that she has caused.
The next scene begins with Bo in the motorhome with Dyson, Kenzi, Lauren, Tamsin, Vex and Mark as they travel together. Bo berates herself: "How could I let this happen?" Kenzi tries to comfort Bo, but Bo angrily answers: "No! I don't want sympathy. I wanna fix this. He broke me. He broke my spirit. He showed me who I really am. A killer. He wants to use me to feed so he can build his Dark Army." Lauren asks how they can stop Hades and Bo replies: "There's only one way. I go Pyrippus on him." Tamsin asks: "Don't you mean Dark Queen?" Bo sighs: "They're one in the same and they're stronger by the minute. The only problem is that I can't control it. I can't risk hurting people again, I can't risk hurting you guys again." Dyson tells Bo: "You're tapped into it before, without him. After your Dawning, with the Lich, you saved us." Lauren agrees with Dyson, but Bo insists: "No, I didn't, it just happened." Tamsin tells Bo: "Because you're evil." Dyson chides Tamsin, telling her that she isn't helping, but Lauren tells Dyson: "You know what? Let her. She's actually pretty good at this." Tamsin continues: "You're evil. But you are also good. We all have both inside of us, good and evil and if he created a monster then let's use it against him." Bo sighs: "I don't know how." Lauren reminds Bo that when they first met, she didn't have any control and over time she gained the control she needed. Dyson agrees as well, telling Bo: "I was there and I will be there when you learn to control it now. I will always be there." Bo tells Dyson: "My mom wasn't able to suck the Dark Lord's Chi, how can I fight him?" Lauren asks Bo: "Why didn't you kill us? What made you come back?" Bo replies: "All of you. I remember how each of you taste. Your love brought me back. You guys are my family and I love you all very much." Vex then cries out: "Bloody hell!" as he brings the motorhome to a screeching halt. It is then shown that the Dark and Light Fae Elders are blocking the toad in front of the motorhome, forcing it to stop. Vex comments: "I don't think they are here to help." Dyson sighs: "Twelve of the most powerful Fae and it's down to a fist fight. Tamsin cries out in surprise as her water breaks and Kenzi yells: "That is not pee!" Lauren tells Tamsin her water has broke and she is about to give birth. As Dyson helps Lauren to guide Tamsin towards the rear of the motorhome, Dyson comments: "It's a good thing we have a doctor on board." Bo tells Lauren and Kenzi to remain with Tamsin and help her while telling Dyson, Vex and Mark: "No Elders get near this camper. Remember. Nobody dies. They're under Hades' control." Bo then looks out the windshield and smiles: "I've got Big Bad Dad." as Hades walks towards them.
Dyson, Vex and Mark take up positions in front of the motorhome, Dyson asking Vex: "How many of these Elders do you think you can mesmer at once?" Vex smiles: "We're about to find out." Tamsin is then shown crying out in pain as she clutches Kenzi hand: "It hurts!" while Kenzi winces and yells: "You're telling me!" Tamsin adding: "I feel like I am being torn in half!" Lauren tells Tamsin: "I need you to breathe, just breathe in and out. Kenzi, I need blankets." Kenzi rushes off, Tamsin begging Kenzi to stay. Kenzi finds some towels, throws them beside Lauren, and then takes Tamsin's hand once more. Tamsin continues to suffer through her child's birth and Kenzi tells her: "Remember when we took yoga at the Y? You gotta Pranayama that shit okay?" Kenzi then starts a rhythmic chant of "In.. Out..." as Tamsin tries to breath in time with Kenzi until she screams out in pain and Kenzi does as well, Kenzi crying out: "Namaste!"
Outside of the motorhome, Bo is seen walking underneath a bridge where Hades is awaiting her. As she comes closer, Bo tells Hades: "Isolate me from my friends. Break me up with my girlfriend. Kill Aife. Kill Trick. Try all you will, you will not break me." Hades laughs: "That is sweet but I'm not here for you. Why do you think I let you keep Tamsin alive? I'm here for my baby." Bo replies: "Then you'll have to get through me first. As long as I'm around. I'm the favourite child." Hades smiles: "Is that a fact?" Bo moves closer, telling Hades: "Time for our first Father-Daughter dance." Hades chuckles: "You want a fight Bo? I'll give you one, but you'll lose." Hades raises his right hand, which glows blue with his power and moves towards Bo who take a step backwards in surprise.
After still another commercial break ends, Vex is seen using his powers to force a group of Elder Fae to drop their weapons and then holds them in place, two of the Elders demanding that Tamsin's child be given to them. Inside of the motorhome, Kenzi continues to talk to Tamsin, telling her "you're doing good!" as Lauren continues to look after the baby during the birth. Tamsin tells Kenzi: "I should be out there fighting! I'm a warrior!" Lauren tells Tamsin: "Listen to me! What you are about to do is brave Tamsin, possibly the bravest." Outside of the motorhome, Dyson and Mark are seen in hand-to-hand combat with Fae around the motorhome, keeping them from entering. Back inside, Kenzi tells Tamsin: "This, right here, is what it means to be a warrior okay? You got this girl. Breathe!" Tamsin cries out once more while Kenzi looks outside to see what is happening as Lauren then tells Tamsin: "Tamsin, it's time to push. Okay, come on!"
Returning to Bo and Hades, Bo is holding her ground as Hades continues to use his powers against Bo. Bo then raises her own hand, placing it to block Hades' powers and, instead of being the blue of Hades, it is a purple colour. Kenzi tells Lauren: "Okay! It just got Sailor Moon out there!" When Lauren asks what's going on, Kenzi adds: "Bo's giving the best HJ of her life!" Bo and Hades are seen again, their powers pushing against each other. Hades tells Bo: "You're dying Bo. I'm killing you. You forced my hand. All because you wouldn't accept what you truly are... evil." Bo growls: "You're right. I am evil, but I am also good, everyone has both... Except for you. That is why you chose Tartarus. It's empty. It's hollow." Hades replies: "You were created in the image of Hades. We are the same." Bo tells Hades, pointedly: "You may have created me. But you never gave a shit about me and that's where we differ. See, unlike you, I care. I am Trick's blood too and his love makes me stronger than the evil that consumes you! You will never use me." As Bo continues to speak, she begins to gain the upper hand in their battle, Hades being pushed back as Bo presses onwards: "You will never control me. I will live the life that I choose!" Bo sighs and smiles: "I love you Dad and I'm going to give it all to you, until the day you die." Hades falls towards his knees, whispering: "No..." as Bo moves her hand away from Hades' and then Bo breathes fire towards Hades, causing his body to burn before he vanishes into nothingness. After Hades vanishes, Bo collapses to the pavement from the battle.
Lauren, Kenzi and Tamsin are shown inside the motorhome as Tamsin gives birth, then Bo is shown getting up from the pavement, then standing on top of the motorhome and returning the Chi she had taken from the city back to everyone, human and Fae, the city coming back to life as all are restored. Dyson is shown entering the motorhome with Mark and Vex as Lauren is handing Tamsin her newborn child as Kenzi continues to hold Tamsin's hand. Bo continues to stand on the roof of the motorhome, sending the Chi back where it belongs, the last of the Chi being returned to the Fae Elders and the others in the street around the motorhome.
Back inside the motorhome, Lauren places Tamsin's child beside her, Tamsin smiling and whispering: "Hi... I'm your momma..." Vex and Mark exit the motorhome and then sit on the rear bumper. Mark tells Vex: "You were pretty amazing." Vex smiles: "Yeah. I suppose I was, wasn't I? You weren't too bad yourself. Hey, I heard you shifted." Mark nods: "Yeah." Vex asks: "So, have you chosen? You know, Light, Dark?" Mark answers: "No and I don't think I ever will." Vex chuckles, then Mark continues: "I have made one choice though." Mark then offers his hand to Vex and Vex intertwines his fingers with Mark's as Bo continues to stand on the roof and completes sending the Chi back where it belongs, ending with a smile as she finishes.
Inside the motorhome, Kenzi and Lauren are still with Tamsin, both looking concerned as Dyson stands nearby. Bo rushes in and Kenzi tells her: "Ten fingers. Ten toes. Healthy through and through." Dyson whispers: "Same can't be said for Tamsin." Lauren tells Bo: "Her vitals are dropping. She's fighting just to stay alive." Bo walks towards Lauren, Kenzi and Tamsin, then whispers: "All Valkyrie die in childbirth." Kenzi places her hand against Tamsin's cheek and Tamsin nuzzles there with a sigh. Tamsin looks at Kenzi, smiling and Kenzi tries to smile back, squeezing Tamsin's hand before moving away along with Lauren who tells Bo: "She's been asking to say goodbye to you." Bo then comes close to Tamsin and whispers: I'm going to save you okay? I'm gonna breath Chi into you." Tamsin shakes her head: "No. It's my time." Bo begs Tamsin: "Please. Stay here.", but Tamsin explains: "I will be here. Through my daughter. She's my legacy Bo. You look after her okay?" Bo nods: "I promise that I will do everything to protect her." Tamsin touches Bo's cheek as she starts to cry, telling Bo: "Don't cry for me. For Valkyries in our last life, it's not called dying... It's called rising." Tamsin then guides Bo closer to her and to her child before whispering: "Dagny." Bo moves back slightly as Tamsin holds Dagny, taking her final breath and passes on. Bo is shown with Tamsin, Dyson holding Lauren and Kenzi, the three watching from afar. Then a burst of light forms within Tamsin's body as it turns into a stream of light that rises from where Tamsin laid, out through a window and into the sky. Outside of the motorhome, a ghost-like being of light, shaped like an Angel, hovers outside before soaring into the sky and disappearing from view. Inside the motorhome, Bo watches as a single white feather flutters down in front of her, the feather alighting upon Dagny's wrap as she sleeps.
The next scene begins an unknown time after the events of Bo's battle with Hades. Bo is seen buckling Dagny into a babyseat, Dagny being somewhat older than a newborn, as she sits in the backseat of a car. Bo sighs: "You have your momma's eyes. She was the strongest person that I ever met. You're my sister and I have to protect you. But right now, I have work to do. Dangerous work and that's why this is for the best okay? Even though I can't take care of you right now, I'll watch over you. We all will. I promise you will not grow up a lost girl." Bo then kisses Dagny before leaving the car and closing the door as she does so.
Kenzi is seen laying on the hood and windshield of the car as Bo walks to her. After sliding off the hood, Kenzi smiles: "Precious cargo." Bo asks: "Take care of her. And take care of yourself." Kenzi tells Bo: "You know, I never lost faith in you. Even when I almost did... I didn't. I love you." Bo takes Kenzi's hands and replies: "You're my heart Kenzi." Kenzi whispers: "Yeah." and then they embrace. After a long silence, Kenzi smiles and comments: "Tearful goodbyes are so last season." Kenzi then kisses Bo on the cheek before getting into the car and driving away as Bo watches.
Lauren is then shown sitting on the hood of Bo's car, Bo joining her there, still watching Kenzi drive away for a moment before tapping the hood and commenting: "Hades gone. Baby safe. Future completely uncertain." Lauren replies: "Not completely." Lauren then tells Bo: "I, human, Lauren Lewis, want to spend the rest of my life with you, Succubus, Bo Dennis." Bo asks: "I always thought that because of who I am that I couldn't have a relationship, let alone with a human... and then I met you... and you broke my heart..." Lauren sighs: "A mistake I made twice and one that I would never make again." Bo tells Lauren: "We are messy, we're complicated, that hasn't changed." Lauren nods: "I know. And I hope that it never does. Do you think we can do this?" Bo is silent for a moment, then smiles: "I do." There is another short awkward moment and then the two kiss as Dyson is seen walking out from the brush nearby, putting his shirt on as he does so.
When Bo hears Dyson's footsteps she pulls a knife on him, then sighs in relief as Dyson comments: "Easy killer." Then, when Bo puts the knife down, Dyson continues: "Kenzi's obeying the speed limit. No texting and driving. Little singing and eating. They're safe." Lauren tells Bo: "Well, she is in very good hands." Bo nods: "The best." Dyson then asks: "So, are you ever going to tell her who her father was?" Bo replies: "You mean who he still is?"
The scene shifts to Kenzi driving, Dagny in the back seat, as Bo continues to speak: "Just because he's gone doesn't mean he's still not out there. Waiting. Watching." As the shot focuses on Dagny, Bo adds: "Evil never dies."
After the final commercial break, two young female teenagers are seen kissing in a car in an echo of Bo's first encounter with her Succubus nature. They stop kissing when one of them, in the passenger seat, pulls away slightly. The other asks what's wrong and the first replies: "Nothing." The second asks: "Are you sure? You don't have to do this okay?" As they continue to talk, someone walks towards the car out of the fog that surrounds it, the first replies: "No. It's okay. I want to." The two return to kissing as the figure outside of the car comes closer and then the first moves away again, muttering: What the hell?" There is a tap at the window and Mark is seen outside of the car, wearing a police patrolman's figure and informs them: "Sorry to break up the party. You're going to have to come with me." as he trains his flashlight on the girl in the passenger seat.
Mark leads the girl into the Dal Riata, who is soon to be revealed as being Dagny (Olivia Scriven). As they enter, Mark walks over to Vex and takes a seat beside him, Vex commenting: "She has no idea what she is in for, does she?" Vex chuckling for a moment afterwards.
Dagny looks around the room, then walks up to the bar and asks: "Beer me. Please?" Dyson is revealed to be tending bar and he replies: "You're underage." Dyson then pulls Trick's ledger of Fae names across the bar and places it in front of Dagny, asking: "But, what you can do, is sign this." Dagny nods: "Right. The ledger. So what's next? Choose if I am Light or Dark?" Dyson replies: "Not in this colony. We're fighting to change some old rules."
Lauren walks up and pokes Dagny with a needle, taking a sample from her and commenting: "So that one day, no Fae will ever have to choose. Anywhere. Now that you've hit Fae puberty, I'll do another work up." Lauren looks at Dyson adding: "She's still accelerating into adulthood at an accelerated rate like her mom." Dyson smiles: "You probably don't remember us, but we've all been watching out for you since you were little." Dagny whispers: "Kenzi told me this day would come." Dagny then looks around the room, pointing as she does so: "The Mesmer. The wolf. The rookie. The doctor. Wait. There's one missing."
Bo enters the room and walks up to Dagny: "Hi Dagny." Dagny turns to look at Bo and then whispers: "God you're beautiful." Lauren chuckles: "Famous words to a Succubus." Bo explains: "The last thing your mother said to me was your name. It means 'New Day'. It's been hard watching my little sister grow up from a distance, but Kenzi kept you safe among humans. Until now.
Dagny opens her jacket and reveals that Hades' handprint is glowing on her chest and asks: "What is this?" Bo sighs: "Evil. I don't know how, and I don't know when, but it's coming for you." Dagny asks: "What happens then?" Bo, Lauren and Dyson are seen standing together, then Bo smiles: "We'll be ready."
The final image of the episode, and the series, is a closeup of Bo, smiling, confidently.
Questions in this Episode
- Where has Bruce been all this time?
- How did Dyson, Lauren, Kenzi, Bruce and Mark actually get out from the burning clubhouse? As Dyson was holding up that crossmember, he would have needed to remain in position at least long enough for the others to get to a safe distance. The horseshoe was never seen to have a very large range. So how did that work exactly?
- How long has Vex had the motorhome? When he travelled to places unknown early in the series after losing his powers, was that how he left?
- When exactly did Bo get her hands on the key for Tamsin's cell? More importantly, how did she get the key without Hades' knowledge? Wouldn't have Hades been with her all of the time as he didn't exactly trust Bo anyway?
- If Vex could heal his vocal cords in, seemingly, a day or so, then how is it that he couldn't heal his hand's injuries or cause the pain he suffered at one point not to be so evident?
- How did Mark contact Vex and where did they meet him? Was Vex still in the clinic when everything else happened?
- Besides his collecting German Weimar porcelain, what other hobbies does Vex have anyway?
- Hades played on Bo's fears and many of the mistakes she made in her life. However, Bo had, many times before, had to confront these issues and seemed to overcome them. So what pushed Bo so far as to lose herself in her darker side?
- Why did the events of this episode, specifically Bo's taking of the city's Chi, and then the events around the motorhome, have what seems to be hours between them? Bo took the Chi at night and yet the confrontation at the motorhome took place in the middle of the day. This might be a very prominent continuity error as when the episode switches between Hades and Bo and the others, it is clearly night at one location and day at the other.
- Why did Mark, Lauren and Dyson turn so quickly on Bo when Kenzi was trying to defend her? Why wasn't there support for Bo among her friends? While the situation was dire, they all were aware of what was going on, so why go off the rails for seemingly no good reason?
- Why didn't either Bo or Hades stop Tamsin when she escaped?
- If Bo took the Chi from the city, and Hades then reanimated the police officers, how does that work?
- How did Tamsin find Dyson, Kenzi, Lauren, Vex and Mark?
- When Bo fed from Dyson, Kenzi, Lauren, Tamsin, Vex and Mark, she could have well killed Tamsin's child at the same time. Was this to Hades' plan, as he had control of Bo, or was is something else?
- As Bo broke the horseshoe, it shouldn't have had any power. Beyond that, how did the horseshoe get repaired as Kenzi had it at the end of the episode? Or was that horseshoe some other one entirely?
- Hades brought the Fae Elders into the fight when it was clear there was no other choice. As they were so powerful, how was it possible to resist them?
- The big question of the episode: Is Hades dead? Banished to Tartarus? Banished somewhere else?
- Given that it seems that Mark and Vex are a couple at the end of the series, where are they living?
- Where is Bo living now that the clubhouse is no more? Is she living at Lauren's home as they are together?
- Did Kenzi return to Europe with Tamsin's child or did she remain in the city?
- How much time passed between Dagny's birth and when she returned as a teenager to the Dal Riata?
- What is Bo doing if Dyson runs the Dal and Mark is a rookie cop?
- What is Vex doing?
- What happened to Evony?
- What happened to Bruce?
- After Dagny was brought into the Fae, what is Kenzi going to be doing? As she was Dagny's adoptive mother, she still would seem to have a part in Dagny's life, so what is that?
- Where is Mark stationed in the police force and is he identifying himself as Dyson's son?
- What is Dagny's future? What was Hades' plan for her and could it be attempted if Hades is actually dead?
- What happened to Tamsin? Is she akin to an Angel now?
- Perhaps the most important question comes to this: Bo has chosen her life and is living it. What does the future hold for her?
Answers in this Episode
- Bruce rescued Kenzi, Dyson, Lauren and Mark from the burning clubhouse.
- Bruce appeared in both the first and last episodes in the series.
- Kenzi, Lauren, Dyson and Mark were protected by Bo's horseshoe which set up an apparent forcefield between them and the fire as it did when Bo had confronted the fire breathing stallion.
- Bruce came to the clubhouse because Bo called him there.
- After escaping the clubhouse fire, Vex used his motorhome to help Dyson, Lauren, Kenzi, Mark and himself move without being noticed.
- Vex was able to speak again in this episode, likely from the ability of Fae to heal from wounds quickly.
- Vex collects German Weimar porcelain, which Kenzi thinks might be Vex's weirdest fetish.
- Vex's motorhome contains many things, notably heels and mascara, according to Kenzi, but it does not seem to have any weapons.
- Vex at one point told everyone in the motorhome: "I've got a life outside of you people."
- The license plate on Vex's motorhome reads: PPTMSTER.
- Lauren and Dyson admitted to each other that when Bo was with the other, they didn't worry so much about Bo.
- Hades used the Hellskor to trap Bo and force her to listen as he spoke of all of Bo's life mistakes and, according to him, the proof that she wasn't meant to have love.
- Hades noted: "The hell shoes that took you to Valhalla serve me. I made them to keep you where I want you until you feed."
- Hades intended to have Bo feed off the entire city, starting with the local Fae colony, then the continent, then the world. Bo was to feed from all humans and Fae, drawing their Chi into herself and through her, Hades would also have access to the power.
- When Bo refused to feed, Hades told Bo: "It's in your nature Succubus. You can't avoid what you were made for."
- Hades noted that although he was not present in Bo's life, she found death on her own and it is part of who she is.
- Hades used mainly psychological means to break down Bo's will until her dark side came out fully. After this happened, Bo followed Hades' instructions and fed on the city around them.
- When Lauren sees Bo's feeding on the city she comments: "Her group suck. We're seen this before, but now it's the entire city. She's gone full Dark Queen."
- Kenzi, Lauren, Dyson, Vex and Mark were not affected by Bo's taking of all Chi around her because of the influence of the horseshoe that Kenzi possessed. The horseshoe was proof against fire, Bo's powers, bullets and other threats. When Mark called it a lucky charm, Kenzi called it: "magically delicious."
- Bo's taking of Chi killed the Dark and Light Fae Elders that Dyson had waiting to help at the Dal Riata.
- When Bo finished her feeding on the city, she proclaimed in her other voice: "I can be more powerful than all other Fae. Everyone will kneel at my feet. There will be no more Dark and no more Light. There will be only me. My true army cometh. Humans. Fae. All will bow before me. I am your Queen!"
- Following her feeding on the city, Bo seemed almost addicted to the power she had consumed, and demanded more.
- When Bo faked killing Tamsin as Hades watched, she transferred a key to the lock of the cell to Tamsin when they kissed in the same way that Kenzi did when Bo was in Fae Prison earlier in the series. Tamsin then used that key to escape while Bo and Hades where focused on their plans.
- After Bo finished feeding on the city, Hades was aware that something was wrong as he "felt" there was some free will left and, as well, the mural of the Pyrippus was not filled with Chi.
- When asked by Hades, Bo admitted that her Family was still alive and the horseshoe was protecting them.
- After sending Bo to claim the horseshoe and kill her Family, Hades then reanimated the police force, sending them against Bo's family. However, when the police fired on them, the horseshoe protected Bo's Family with a forcefield.
- Hades needed an army on Earth and by using Bo to take the Chi from the city, he was able to animate the bodies he wished to. This meant he did not have to being an army from Tartarus to complete his plan.
- Tamsin overcame the attacking police by using her powers of doubt, augmented by her child.
- Tamsin explained the Dyson, Kenzi, Lauren, Vex and Mark that Bo had given her a means to escape, but this was before Bo's feeding and turning of her nature towards Hades' goals.
- When Bo appeared and confronted her family, Kenzi told Dyson: "I'll handle this. I'm the only one that can bring her back. I'm her heart remember?"
- Kenzi's attempt to bring Bo back did not succeed, Bo taking the horseshoe from Kenzi and then, after throwing Kenzi from the roof of the motorhome and breaking the horseshoe in half, fed on her Family.
- What Hades did not expect in Bo doing so was that she would be intimately aware of her Family's Chi, the memories that came with them and this would prove to be the turning point which broke Hades' hold on Bo.
- When Bo was freed, she explained: "No! I don't want sympathy. I wanna fix this. He broke me. He broke my spirit. He showed me who I really am. A killer. He wants to use me to feed so he can build his Dark Army."
- Bo initially believed the only way to stop Hades was: "There's only one way. I go Pyrippus on him."
- Bo reveals that the Pyrippus and the Dark Queen are the same being within her.
- When Bo doubts herself, Tamsin intervenes, and when Dyon wants to stop her, Lauren tells Dyson: "You know what? Let her. She's actually pretty good at this."
- Tamsin tells Bo: "You're evil. But you are also good. We all have both inside of us, good and evil and if he created a monster then let's use it against him."
- Bo tells Dyson: "My mom wasn't able to suck the Dark Lord's Chi, how can I fight him?"
- Lauren asks Bo: "Why didn't you kill us? What made you come back?" Bo replies: "All of you. I remember how each of you taste. Your love brought me back. You guys are my family and I love you all very much."
- After seeing that the reanimated police were not useful, Hades reanimated the Fae Elders and sent them to face off against Bo and her Family with the intent or taking Tamsin's child and continuing with his plans without Bo.
- Tamsin's water broke moments before Hades appeared to confront Bo. He did so with the intention of killing Bo and then taking Tamsin's child after her birth.
- Tamsin was assisted in giving birth by Lauren and Kenzi.
- Dyson, Vex and Mark confronted the Elder Fae while Bo faced Hades.
- At some point, Kenzi and Tamsin took a Yoga class at the YWCA.
- Vex was able to use his powers to hold six Fae Elders at bay, making them drop their weapons and hold them fast.
- In the midst of giving birth Tamsin tells Kenzi: "I should be out there fighting! I'm a warrior!" Lauren tells Tamsin: "Listen to me! What you are about to do is brave Tamsin, possibly the bravest." Kenzi tells Tamsin: "This, right here, is what it means to be a warrior okay?"
- When Bo fought Hades, her inner Chi and power had turned a different colour than it had been before. Instead of being blue, as it had been through the series, it turned a purplish colour.
- When seeing Bo and Hades in battle, Kenzi called it: "It just got Sailor Moon out there!" When Lauren asks what was going on, Kenzi added: "Bo's giving the best HJ of her life!"
- Bo's battle with Hades came down to one difference between them. Hades did not have a good side to him, but Bo did. Bo's good side was given through the love of Trick and in having that, Bo was able to overcome Hades.
- Hades tells Bo: "You're dying Bo. I'm killing you. You forced my hand. All because you wouldn't accept what you truly are... evil."
- Bo replies: "You're right. I am evil, but I am also good, everyone has both... Except for you. That is why you chose Tartarus. It's empty. It's hollow."
- Hades answers: "You were created in the image of Hades. We are the same."
- Bo tells Hades, pointedly: "You may have created me. But you never gave a shit about me and that's where we differ. See, unlike you, I care. I am Trick's blood too and his love makes me stronger than the evil that consumes you! You will never use me. You will never control me. I will live the life that I choose! I love you Dad and I'm going to give it all to you, until the day you die."
- Bo breathed fire Chi towards Hades, causing his body to burn before he vanished into nothingness.
- It is unclear if Hades is dead or simply banished, but he did suffer some kind of injury from Bo's attack.
- Following the battle, Bo returned the Chi she had taken from the city, but it was not blue, as it had been when she took it, but instead a flame-like colour.
- Dyson, Mark, Vex Lauren and Kenzi were present when Tamsin first held her newborn child.
- Tamsin's first words to her child were: "Hi... I'm your momma..."
- Vex asked Mark if he was going to choose a side, Mark told Vex he was not going to choose Light or Dark, but he had made a choice. Mark then offered Vex his hand and Vex took it.
- Following Tamsin giving birth, Hades' statement that all Valkyrie die in childbirth came true shortly afterwards.
- Tamsin told Bo: "I will be here. Through my daughter. She's my legacy Bo. You look after her okay?"
- Bo replied: "I promise that I will do everything to protect her."
- Tamsin explained: "Don't cry for me. For Valkyries in our last life, it's not called dying... It's called rising."
- The episode title, Rising, is a reflection of Tamsin's statement.
- Tamsin's child, a girl, is named Dagny.
- Dagny means "New Day".
- After Tamsin passes on, a burst of light forms within Tamsin's body as it turns into a stream of light that rises from where Tamsin laid, out through a window and into the sky. Outside of the motorhome, a ghost-like being of light, shaped like an Angel, hovers outside before soaring into the sky and disappearing from view. Inside the motorhome, Bo watches as a single white feather flutters down in front of her, the feather alighting upon Dagny's wrap as she sleeps.
- Following the events of the battle with Hades, Bo gave Dagny to Kenzi who left with Dagny to hide her in the world of humans until she became of age.
- Kenzi therefore became Dagny's adoptive human mother. Bo being Dagny's older sister.
- Bo told Dagny: "You have your momma's eyes. She was the strongest person that I ever met. You're my sister and I have to protect you. But right now, I have work to do. Dangerous work and that's why this is for the best okay? Even though I can't take care of you right now, I'll watch over you. We all will. I promise you will not grow up a lost girl." Bo then kisses Dagny before leaving the car and closing the door as she does so.
- Bo's last conversation with Kenzi was: Bo asks: "Take care of her. And take care of yourself." Kenzi tells Bo: "You know, I never lost faith in you. Even when I almost did... I didn't. I love you." Bo takes Kenzi's hands and replies: "You're my heart Kenzi." Kenzi whispers: "Yeah." and then they embrace. After a long silence, Kenzi smiles and comments: "Tearful goodbyes are so last season." Kenzi then kisses Bo on the cheek before getting into the car and driving away as Bo watches.
- Lauren and Bo rekindle their relationship at the end of the episode: Lauren tells Bo: "I, human, Lauren Lewis, want to spend the rest of my life with you, Succubus, Bo Dennis." Bo asks: "I always thought that because of who I am that I couldn't have a relationship, let alone with a human... and then I met you... and you broke my heart..." Lauren sighs: "A mistake I made twice and one that I would never make again." Bo tells Lauren: "We are messy, we're complicated, that hasn't changed." Lauren nods: "I know. And I hope that it never does. Do you think we can do this?" Bo is silent for a moment, then smiles: "I do." Then the two kiss.
- Dyson tells Bo that Kenzi is: "...obeying the speed limit. No texting and driving. Little singing and eating. They're safe."
- When Dyson asks: "So, are you ever going to tell her (Dagny) who her father was?" Bo replies: "You mean who he (Hades) still is? Just because he's gone doesn't mean he's still not out there. Waiting. Watching. Evil never dies."
- Mark interrupted Dagny when she was making out with her girlfriend in a car. The situation was very similar to that of Bo's first encounter with her Succubus nature, except that Mark stopping anything from happening.
- Mark apparently has joined the police force and is a patrolman.
- Dyson appears to have retired from the police force and runs the Dal Riata full time.
- Vex was at the Dal Riata when Mark brought Dagny there, but what he is doing isn't revealed.
- Lauren was at the Dal Riata when Mark brought Dagny there, it can be assumed she is still running the clinic.
- Bo was at the Dal Riata when Mark brought Dagny there, wha she is doing otherwise was not revealed.
- Lauren noted that Dagny had aged in an accelerated manner similar to that of Tamsin when she was reborn.
- Vex commented when he saw Dagny: "She has no idea what she is in for, does she?"
- When Dagny asked if she was to choose a side after signing Trick's ledger, Dyson revealed: "Not in this colony. We're fighting to change some old rules."
- Dagny revealed that Kenzi told her that, one day, she would be going to the Fae and then Dagny looked around the Dal Riata, commenting: "The Mesmer. The wolf. The rookie. The doctor. Wait. There's one missing." When she sees Bo, Dagny whispers: "God you're beautiful." Lauren chuckles: "Famous words to a Succubus."
- Bo tells Dagny: "The last thing your mother said to me was your name. It means 'New Day'.
- Dagny has a handprint from Hades on her chest, but opposite to the position where Bo had her own.
- When Dagny asks what it means, Bo replies: "Evil. I don't know how, and I don't know when, but it's coming for you."
- When Dagny asks what happens then, Bo answers: "We'll be ready."
- The final words of the series are Bo's promise of: "We'll be ready."
- The final image of the series is Bo smiling confidently.
For a more detailed list see: List of Lost Girl episodes, or click on the individual episode titles for more in depth articles.
Episode Review on Succubus.Net
Tera, the owner of this website, posted a review of this episode on her Blog, A Succubi's Tale on October 30, 2015. You can find that review here. She gave it 3.6 pitchforks out of 5.
- The Official site of the series Lost Girl
- Official Season Five website at Showcase.ca
- Rise at the IMDb