On January 20th, 2020, the 6,000th article was added to the SuccuWiki!
The Succubi Glastina and Juventissa
Dungeons and Dragons
|First appearance||Expedition to the Demonweb Pits, Page 107|
Wolfgang Baur and|
|Age||Appears to be in her 20's|
Glastina is a Succubus NPC character created by Wolfgang Baur and Gwendolyn Kestral who first appeared in the Expedition to the Demonweb Pits adventure module. She and a sister Succubus, Juventissa, were the main characters in an encounter setting called Succubus Courtesans that players can be involved in.
Glastina is encountered with her Succubus sister when the players approach an inn called the Black Heart, the place from where the Succubi operate from. In exchange for gold, magic, or favors, the Succubi service the demons, night hags, and others who visit the inn and call out to the players to draw their attention from which the encounter begins.
Glastina appears to be a beautiful fair-skinned redhead woman with typical Succubus racial features such as wings and a tail. She and Juventissa appear to be identical twins, though this may not be their true forms and instead may reflect the use of their powers to alter their forms. Neither Glastina or Juventissa appear to be aligned to any specific power where they are located, really caring only about wealth.
Glastina and Juventissa are encountered when the players approach an inn called the Black Heart, the two Succubi spot them. They work at the inn exchanging their services for gold, magic, or favors. They call out to the players to get their attention and do not initially attack them. As a whole both Glastina and Juventissa are mainly indifferent to the players actions or goals, but they can be bribed for help.
If they are bribed, the Succubi can tell the players how to enter the inn without attracting attention. They are not interested in cash, though Juventissa likes diamonds, rubies, and opals. Offering a bribe of minor magic gifts will gain their interest and if the player offers a major magic item or a kiss then the Succubi will be in a very good mood.
If the players do not bribe the Succubi or the bribe is seen to be of poor quality, the Succubi will insist on the players leaving before they call for assistance and they will become hostile towards the characters.
If the players gain the friendship of the Succubi, then they will show the players how to enter any room on the upper floor of the inn through the windows safely. They will also offer to keep watch for them as they do so.
If attacked, the Succubi are not warriors and will flee from combat when possible. If forced to fight, they will attack with their claws, but prefer to turn foes against one another. Succubi use their polymorph ability to assume humanoid form, and can maintain this deception indefinitely. Their preferred tactic is to feign friendship and create an opportunity to be alone with a player, then use their life draining kiss. Succubi will take on the role of a damsel in distress, assaulted and abandoned by a vile demon within the inn, to draw players to them.
Depending on the player's actions, if the succubi are defeated, bribed, or bluffed, the players can enter the inn and continue the adventure.
The statistics for Glastina and Juventissa are identical.
|Sub-Type||Medium outsider (tanar’ri, extraplanar, chaotic, evil)|
|hp||33 (6 HD)|
|DR||10/cold iron or good|
|Senses||Darkvision 60 ft|
Listen +19, Spot +19
low-light vision, tongues
|Languages||Abyssal, Celestial, Draconic|
tongues, telepathy 100 ft.
touch 11, flat-footed 19
|Immune||Electricity and poison|
|Resist||Acid 10, cold 10, fire 10|
|Speed||30 ft. (6 squares), fly 50 ft. (average)|
|Melee||2 claws +7 each (1d6+1)|
|Special Actions||Change shape, energy drain, summon tanar’ri|
|Combat Gear||Dagger of poison (3 charges)|
|Abilities||Str 13, Dex 13, Con 13, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 26|
|Feats||Dodge, Mobility, Persuasive|
|Skills||Bluff +19, Concentration +10, Diplomacy +12, Disguise +17* (+19 acting),|
Escape Artist +10, Hide +10, Intimidate +19, Knowledge (any one) +12,
Listen +19, Move Silently +10, Search +12, Spot +19,
Survival +2 (+4 following tracks), Use Rope +1 (+3 with bindings)
|Possessions||Combat gear plus 4 platinum rings (Search DC 19) worth 300 gp each|
|At Will||Charm monster (DC 22), detect good, detect thoughts (DC 20),|
ethereal jaunt (self plus 50 pounds of objects only), suggestion (DC 21),
greater teleport (self plus 50 pounds of objects only)
- Change Shape (Su): A succubus can assume the form of any Small or Medium humanoid.
- Energy Drain (Su): A succubus drains energy from a mortal it lures into an act of passion, or simply by planting a kiss on the victim. If the target is not willing to be kissed, the succubus must start a grapple, which provokes an attack of opportunity. The succubus’s kiss or embrace bestows one negative level. The kiss also has the effect of a suggestion spell, asking the victim to accept another kiss from the succubus. The victim must succeed on a DC 21 Will save to negate the effect of the suggestion. The DC is 21 for the Fortitude save to remove a negative level.
- Summon Tanar’ri (Sp): Once per day, a succubus can attempt to summon 1 vrock with a 30% chance of success.
- Tongues (Su): A succubus has a permanent tongues ability (as the spell, caster level 12th). Succubi usually use verbal communication with mortals.
- Skills: While using her change shape ability, a succubus gains a +10 circumstance bonus on Disguise checks.
- Baur, Wolfgang, and Gwendolyn Kestral. Expedition to the Demonweb Pits. Wizards of the Coast, 2007, Page 107.