On January 20th, 2020, the 6,000th article was added to the SuccuWiki!
Darkstalkers (TV series)
the Animated Series
Darkstalkers Animated Series Intertitle
Fantasy, Adventure, |
Lisa Ann Beley |
|Composer(s)||William Kevin Anderson|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13 (List of episodes)|
Daniel S. Kletzky
Victor Dal Chele|
Darkstalkers is an American children's animated series based on the video game Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors by Capcom and produced by Graz Entertainment in the fall of 1995. Since the series was not drawn in the same style used to draw the game sprites, the Darkstalkers characters look noticeably different.
In this series, the succubus character Morrigan Aensland appears.
One of the cartoon's leads is a young boy named Harry Grimoire, an original character who is a descendant of Merlin. Various changes were made to the game characters, most notably Morrigan Aensland became a villain and a descendant of Morgan le Fay.
To conquer the world, the fiery alien Pyron assembles an army of supernatural beings with magical powers: the DarkStalkers. And two of the biggest and vilest lead Pyron's army: Demitri Maximoff, Lord of the Vampires, and Morrigan Aensland, a powerful succubus. But the good guys are fighting back! The catwoman Felicia rallies a band of freedom-loving Darkstalkers: the merman Rikou, the fighting werewolf Johnathan Talbain, the Frankenstein monster-like Victor von Gerdenheim, and the sasquatch Bigfoot and his nephew Hairball. To crush the rebels, Lord Demitri and Morrigan send the lunatic pharaoh mummy Anakaris, the rockstar zombie Lord Raptor, and the cursed samurai Bishamon. Things get complicated when demon hunters Donovan Baine and Hsien-Ko decide that all DarkStalkers, regardless if they are good or evil, must die!
Yet the fate of the world depends Harry Grimoire. If Harry can master his secret magical legacy and the intricacies of alien computer technology, the world might have a chance.
- Lisa Ann Beley - Felicia
- Kathleen Barr - Morrigan Aensland
- Garry Chalk - Donovan Bane
- Ian James Corlett - Victor, Pyron's ship computer
- Michael Donovan - Demitri Maximov
- Scott McNeil - Lord Raptor, Anakaris, Rikuo
- Colin Murdock - Anakaris
- Richard Newman - Pyron
- Bill Switzer - Harry Grimoire
- Lee Tockar - Jonathan Talbain
- "Out of the Dark"
- "Donovan's Bane"
- "Pyramid Power"
- "The Game"
- "And the Walls Come Tumblin' Down"
- "Ghost Hunter"
- "Little Bigfoot's Last Stand"
- "My Harry's in the Highlands"
- "Alien's Keep Out"
- "Samurai's Honor"
- "There's no Business Like Dragon Business"
- "Darkest Before the Dawn"
- "Everyone's a Critic"
The series was very badly received by Darkstalkers fans and the gaming community. Topless Robot included Harry Grimoire from the "cartoon, which turned Capcom's gorgeously animated fighting game into a cheap, unfunny comedy" on their list of The 10 Worst Cartoon Kid Sidekicks. According to VentureBeat, "the plot is bad. But even more offensive than that is the shoddy animation."
- "Darkstalkers / Vampire". Hardcore Gaming 101. http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/darkstalkers/darkstalkers3.htm. Retrieved 2011-04-11.
- The 10 Worst Cartoon Kid Sidekicks - Topless Robot
- Discovering the Darkstalkers Cartoon | Bitmob.com
- The original source of this article at Wikipedia
- Darkstalkers the Animated Series (1995) - Darkstalkopedia
- Darkstalkers at the Internet Movie Database