On January 20th, 2020, the 6,000th article was added to the SuccuWiki!
Abigail the Redeemed
Abigail the Redeemed Succubus
|Class||Succubus Paladin 6|
Mare Crisium, Abigail the Redeemed's Mount
|Class||Special Mount 6|
Abigail the Redeemed is a Succubus Paladin character for the Dungeons and Dragons role playing game. She is the creation of Fieari on the D20NPCs Wikia.
A succubus is not usually a warrior. Then again, a succubus is not usually good, and it is practically unheard of one becoming a paladin. But even the darkest of creatures can be redeemed. This succubus took on the name Abigail when she turned away from darkness, meaning "Child-like Love", and will not speak her former name. Like an alcoholic on the wagon, she has sworn a vow of chastity. And she has decided to devote her life to protecting others from evil, especially demonic evil. Furthermore, much like her name, she will go out of her way to protect, care for, and comfort children-- especially the orphans, the neglected, and the unloved.
She still remembers where she came from, however, and has a strong heart for redemption. Though she will kill if absolutely necessary, she goes out of her way to avoid it, striving to drive away evil instead of destroying it, with the hopes that they too might be redeemed like she was.
And in one specific case, she was able to do just that, blessing another as she herself was blessed. Tracking down a Nightmare that was plaguing one of her charges, she persevered for an eon in another plane where time flows differently until the Nightmare relented, rejecting its former evil ways and turning to the light. It now serves Abigail as her Cohort and Special Paladin Mount.
Abigail is a collection of contradictions. As she cannot cleanse herself of the taint of being a demon, she detects as Chaotic, Lawful, Evil, and Good, all at the same time and in mostly equal proportions. Furthermore, she is hedged out by every type of Magic Circle, harmed by good aligned weapons, and can even be Banished back to the Abyss by a cleric or mage of sufficient level. Her natural weapons, which she uses exclusively, are treated as both Good and Evil for purposes of bypassing damage reduction, although those claws deal an extra 1d4 holy damage against evil foes, and not against good ones.
She still possesses all her demonic powers, but refuses to use Energy Drain, which would violate her vow and would be an evil act regardless. The only reason she would consider summoning a Vrock is to try to redeem it, but the futility of this action (esspecially as summoning the same Vrock twice would be next to impossible) leads her to not try it often.
Abigail almost never goes about in her true shape, but rather remains polymorphed into the form of a simple, motherly looking woman with long chestnut hair.
|Name||Abigail the Redeemed|
|Sub Type||Chaotic, Extraplanar, Evil|
|Other Senses||Darkvision 60 ft.; Telepathy 100 ft.|
|Aura||Courage (10 ft., +4 morale vs fear)|
|AC Detail||+1 dex, +9 natural|
|HD||6d8+6 + 6d10+6|
|DR||10/cold iron or good|
|Immune||Fear, Disease, Electricity, Poison|
|Resist||Acid, Cold, Fire 10|
|Speed||30 ft. (6 squares), fly 50 ft. (average)|
|Melee||Claws +13/+13 (1d6+1 (+1d4 vs evil))|
|ATKOPT||Smite Evil, Energy Drain|
|Special Abilities||Lay on Hands, Remove Disease 1/week, Detect Evil|
|Spells per day||3|
|Prepared Spells||Lesser Restoration, Cure Light Wounds, Virtue|
|SLA=At will||Charm Monster (DC 22), Detect Good, Detect Evil,|
Detect Thoughts (DC 20), Etherial Jaunt (self plus 50 lbs of objects only),
Polymorph (humanoid only, no limit on duration), Suggestion (DC 21),
Greater Teleport (self plus 50 lbs of objects only)
|Feats||Dodge, Mobility, Leadership, Sacred Vow,|
Vow of Chastity, Sanctify Natural Attack
|Skills||Bluff +17, Concentration +10, Dimplomacy +14, Disguise +17* (+19 acting),|
Escape Artist +10, Hide +10, Intimidate +17, Knowledge (Religion) +12,
Listen +19, Move Silently +10, Search +12, Spot +19,
Survival +2 (+4 following tracks), Use Rope +1 (+3 with bindings)
A succubus is 6 feet tall in its natural form and weighs about 125 pounds.
Any weapons Abigail wields are treated as chaotic-aligned and evil-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. Her natural weapons are treated as chaotic, evil, and good aligned for the same purpose.
- Energy Drain (Su): A succubus drains energy from a mortal it lures into some act of passion, or by simply planting a kiss on the victim. If the target is not willing to be kissed, the succubus must start a grapple, which provokes an attack of opportunity. The succubus’ kiss or embrace bestows one negative level. The kiss also has the effect of a suggestion spell, asking the victim to accept another kiss from the succubus. The victim must succeed on a DC 21 Will save to negate the effect of the suggestion. The DC is 21 for the Fortitude save to remove a negative level. These save DCs are Charisma-based.
- Summon Demon (Sp): Once per day a succubus can attempt to summon 1 vrock with a 30% chance of success. This ability is the equivalent of a 3rd-level spell.
- Tongues (Su): A succubus has a permanent tongues ability (as the spell, caster level 12th). Succubi usually use verbal communication with mortals.
- Spell-Like Abilities: Caster level 12th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.
At will - charm monster (DC 22), detect good, detect evil, detect thoughts (DC 20), ethereal jaunt (self plus 50 pounds of objects only), polymorph (humanoid form only, no limit on duration), suggestion (DC 21), greater teleport (self plus 50 pounds of objects only).
- Aura of Good (Ex): The power of a Abigail’s aura of good (see the detect good spell) is equal to her paladin level.
- Smite Evil (Su): Twice per day, Abigail may attempt to smite evil with one normal melee attack. She adds 8 to her attack roll and deals 6 extra damage. If the paladin accidentally smites a creature that is not evil, the smite has no effect, but the ability is still used up for that day.
- Divine Grace (Su): Abigail gains a bonus equal to her Charisma bonus (if any) on all saving throws.
- Lay on Hands (Su): Abigail can heal wounds (her own or those of others) by touch. Each day she can heal a total of 48 hit points. She may choose to divide her healing among multiple recipients, and she doesn’t have to use it all at once. Using lay on hands is a standard action.
Alternatively, Abigail can use any or all of this healing power to deal damage to undead creatures. Using lay on hands in this way requires a successful melee touch attack and doesn’t provoke an attack of opportunity. Abigail decides how many of her daily allotment of points to use as damage after successfully touching an undead creature.
- Aura of Courage (Su): Abigail is immune to fear (magical or otherwise). Each ally within 10 feet of her gains a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against fear effects. This ability functions while she is conscious, but not if she is unconscious or dead.
- Divine Health (Ex): Abigail is immune to all diseases, including supernatural and magical diseases.
- Turn Undead (Su): Abigail has the supernatural ability to turn undead. She may use this ability 11 times a day. She turns undead as a cleric of three levels lower would.
- Remove Disease (Sp): Abigail can produce a remove disease effect, as the spell, once per week. She can use this ability one additional time per week for every three levels after 6th (twice per week at 9th, three times at 12th, and so forth).
- Vow of Chastity [Exalted]: Abigail has sworn to abstain from any sexual contact with any other creature. In return, she has received a +4 perfection bonus on Will saves against charm and phantasm spells and effects.
- Sanctify Natural Attack [Exalted]: Abigail's natural attack deals an extra point of damage to evil creatures, and an extra 1d4 damage to evil outsiders and undead.
Abigail tracked down a Nightmare that was plaguing one of her charges, and she persevered for an eon in another plane where time flowed differently until the Nightmare relented, rejecting its former evil ways, and turning to the light. It now serves Abigail as her Cohort and Special Paladin Mount.
|Class||Special Mount 6|
|Sub Type||Evil, Extraplanar|
|Other Senses||Darkvision 60 ft.|
|AC Detail||-1 size, +2 dex, +17 natural|
|Speed||40 ft. (8 squares), fly 90 ft. (good)|
|Melee||Hooves +9/+9 (1d8+4 plus 1d4 fire), Bite +4 (1d8+2)|
|ATKOPT||Flaming hooves, smoke|
|Special Abilities||Astral projection|
|Special Qualities||Etherealness, Share Spells, Share Saving Throws|
|Feats||Alertness, Improved Initiative, Run, Improved Evasion|
|Skills||Concentration +12, Diplomast +3, Intimidate +10,|
Knowledge (the planes) +10, Move Silently +11, Search +10,
Sense Motive +10, Survival +10 (+12 on other planes and following tracks)
A nightmare is about the size of a light war horse.
A nightmare can fight while carrying a rider, but the rider cannot also fight unless he or she succeeds on a Ride check. A nightmare’s natural weapons, as well as any weapons it wields, are treated as evil-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
- Flaming Hooves (Su): A blow from a nightmare’s hooves sets combustible materials alight.
- Smoke (Su): During the excitement of battle, a nightmare snorts and neighs with rage. This snorting fills a 15-foot cone with a hot, sulfurous smoke that chokes and blinds opponents. Anyone in the cone must succeed on a DC 16 Fortitude save or take a -2 penalty on all attack and damage rolls until 1d6 minutes after leaving the cone. The cone lasts 1 round, and the nightmare uses it once as a free action during its turn each round. The save DC is Constitution-based.
Because of the smoke it gives off, a nightmare has concealment against creatures 5 feet away and total concealment against creatures 10 feet or farther away. The smoke does not obscure the nightmare’s vision at all.
- Astral Projection and Etherealness (Su): These abilities function just like the spells of the same names (caster level 20th); a nightmare can use either at will.
- Carrying Capacity: A light load for a nightmare is up to 300 pounds; a medium load, 301-600 pounds; and a heavy load, 601-900 pounds.
- Empathic Link (Su): Abigail has an empathic link with her mount out to a distance of up to 1 mile. Abigail cannot see through the mount’s eyes, but they can communicate empathically. Note that even intelligent mounts see the world differently from humans, so misunderstandings are always possible.
Because of this empathic link, Abigail has the same connection to an item or place that her mount does, just as with a master and their familiar.
- Improved Evasion (Ex): When subjected to an attack that normally allows a Reflex saving throw for half damage, a mount takes no damage if it makes a successful saving throw and half damage if the saving throw fails.
- Share Spells: At Abigail’s option, she may have any spell (but not any spell-like ability) she casts on herself also affect her mount. The mount must be within 5 feet at the time of casting to receive the benefit. If the spell or effect has a duration other than instantaneous, it stops affecting the mount if it moves farther than 5 feet away and will not affect the mount again even if it returns to Abigail before the duration expires. Additionally, Abigail may cast a spell with a target of "You" on her mount (as a touch range spell) instead of on herself. Abigail and her mount can share spells even if the spells normally do not affect creatures of the mount’s type.
- The original source of this page at the D20NPCs Wikia - No Longer Exists