Succubus Heat Original Book Cover,
written by Richelle Mead
June 1, 2009 (Paperback)|
June 1, 2009 (eBook)
January 12, 2010 (Audiobook)
352 Pages (Paperback)|
353 Pages (eBook)
|Preceded by||Succubus Dreams|
|Followed by||Succubus Shadows|
Succubus Heat is a novel written by Richelle Mead and is part of the Georgina Kincaid book series. It is the fourth work of the series and was part of a six book series and two additional short stories. In this work the character Georgina Kincaid is a succubus living in the Seattle area who works at a bookstore there.
- Title: Succubus Heat
- Author: Richelle Mead
- Published By: Kensington
- Length: 352 Pages (Paperback)
353 Pages (eBook)
- Format: Paperback, eBook and Audiobook
- ASIN: B002BTT0V8 (eBook)
- ISBN-10: 0758231997 (Paperback)
- ISBN-13: 978-0758231994 (Paperback)
- Publishing Date: June 1, 2009 (Paperback)
- June 1, 2009 (eBook)
- January 12, 2010 (Audiobook)
Other Works in this Series on SuccuWiki
- Succubus Blues
- Succubus on Top
- Succubus Nights - This is the United Kingdom Re-release of Succubus on Top
- Succubus Dreams
- Succubus Shadows
- Succubus Revealed
- Brushstrokes - Short Story
- City of Demons - Short Story
- City of Demons
Georgina Kincaid has been a bad, bad succubus...which should be a good thing. But she's in a foul mood after breaking up with her boyfriend Seth and has been so wicked that uber-demon Jerome decides to 'outsource' Georgina to a rival - and have her spy for him in the process. Then Jerome is kidnapped, and all immortals under his control mysteriously lose their powers. With her life-sucking ability gone, Georgina finds herself embroiled in a sinister plot. Is she the only one who can stop all hell breaking loose?
- Georgina Kincaid - Succubus and main character AKA- Thetis, Letha, Tabitha, Josephine
- Jerome - Local Head demon and boss of all the immortals of hell including Georgina and her friends. Father of Roman and Helena. Looks like John Cusack
- Carter - Angel Friend of Jerome, Georgina, Hugh, Peter, and Cody. Described as looking like a bum. Saved Georgina's life.
- Hugh - Imp & friend to Georgina
- Peter - Vampire, friend of Georgina and is around the same age as her.
- Cody - Young vampire, apprentice of Peter, Georgina's friend and Dance partner.
- Bastien - Incubus, long time friend of Georgina
- Sol - A god. His blood is Ambrosia. He also seeks humans to date rape.
- Seth - Human writer of Georgina's favorite series (Cady and O'Neill) and love interest.
- Erik - Human psychic, friend of Georgina. Runs a book store.
- Paige - Pregnant manager of Georgina at Emerald City Books & Cafe
- Doug - Co-Assistant manager at bookstore. Friend of Georgina and Lead singer in a band.
- Alec - Drummer in Doug's band. Human assistant to Sol.
- Maddie - Doug's sister
- Dana - Bastien's Neighbor. Radio Host and leader of CPFV.
- Bill - Dana's husband and a Senator
- Jody - Dana's neighbor and friend. She becomes Georgina's friend and the leader of the CPFV.
- Aubry - Georgina's cat
The following review can be found in the External Links below:
First things first. Spoilers will follow so... Next, please don't judge this book by it's cover (or any of the other Succubus books in this series). Some people judge books that way and these covers are horrible but the stories inside are incredible.
This book really helps the reader understand the break up of Seth and Georgina in the last book and it made my feelings towards Seth's character soften. I still don't agree with how he chose to handle things but I definitely better understand.
This book is emotionally much easier to read than the last one. To read of Seth and Thetis finally getting to be together physically and KNOWING that they still love each other... that made the whole book for me. I have to say though that Georgina feeling so horrible about Maddie kind of took away from it for a quick minute. All Maddie had to do was find her a condo and the unyielding guilt then surrounds her? The guilt should all be on Seth or at least most of it. He jumped into something new while he was still in love and that's never a way to start a relationship. (Dr Phil moment over.) That had to be when his soul started to darken.
It hurt so bad to hear Georgina tell Seth that he should be with Maddie though. He told her that he would break it off with Maddie to be with her and she said no. WTF? After everything that happened and was said between them during that week? I almost stopped feeling sorry for Georgina when she did that. But then Maddie told Georgina about being engaged and flashed not the ruby Seth spoke of but an ordinary diamond, I got a warm feeling and I really feel hopeful of a Thetis and Seth reunion.
The other story of Jerome being kidnapped... it was good, but come on... this whole story is really of Georgina and Seth. OK, maybe not the whole thing, but for me that's what stands out.