On July 18th, 2016, the 4,000th article was added to the SuccuWiki!
Succubus Sundries: Tonics and Artefacts (eBook)
Tonics and Artefacts
Succubus Sundries: Tonics and Artefacts eBook Cover, written by Zayna Noble
|Publisher||Amazon Digital Services|
|Publication date||January 7, 2017|
|Preceded by||Succubus Sundries 3|
Succubus Sundries: Tonics and Artefacts is an eBook written by Zayna Noble. It is a collection of the first three works in the Succubus Sundries series by this author. In this work the character Lala is a Succubus.
- Title: Succubus Sundries: Tonics and Artefacts
- Author: Zayna Noble
- Published By: Amazon Digital Services
- Length: 88 Pages
- Format: eBook
- ASIN: B01NAQWZTG
- Publishing Date: January 7, 2017
Other Works in this Series on SuccuWiki
Rumor has it that Lala, the owner of the cute curio shop, is a succubus. If you go to her shop, she'll help make your fantasies come true, and even guide you to discover dreams you never knew you had...
- Fragrant Flower: Abby is eager to impress a boy. The wallflower of a girl is chubby and meek, but with the help of a few succubus-made potions, she transforms into a beautiful elf, perky catgirl, slender harpy, milky hucow, and finally an alraune, a curvaceous plant girl! She can't wait to get back to the college dorms to show her crush what she can do.
- Devious Devil: Tara has just been dumped. Looking to get over her ex and find a new sense of self, she turns to a curious little shop that she's heard about. Lala is more than happy to guide her into a stronger self, letting her try out the powerful bodies of a tough werewolf, busty mermaid, powerful centaur, and finally a slim red devil. Once she's decided on her transformation, it's off to a supernatural club to take it for a test drive...
- Experimental Exploits: Abby is back, and she's brought her new boyfriend, Felix! After Abby's success, Felix has a few requests of his own; to transform into a beefy minotaur, or a powerful dragon! As a price, Lala will be using his girlfriend as a test subject, changing her into a blueberry-flavored slime girl, and then a rare dullahan. These experiments quickly heat up as the young couple try out their new forms in the most intimate ways they know.
The following review was originally published by Tera on her Blog, A Succubi's Tale on Janaury 20, 2017
The work contains the first three works in the series, which tells of those that encounter Lala in her shop, the transformations they experience and the payments which Lala collects from them all.
The series is really cute and fun overall, there’s some nice heat in the erotica, the characters are interesting and aren’t two dimensional either. However, this isn’t so much a story about succubi, overall, than it is about transformations into various supernatural beings.
Lala, the succubus of the series, has a lot to offer as a character, but she isn’t really allowed to develop much more than her personalty seems to suggest. She is a tool for the transformations, a catalyst for the erotica that appears, but what her story is, overall, doesn’t get a lot of time in each story.
While that is because Lala isn’t really a main character, and the stories focus more upon those being transformed, it just left me asking, repeatedly, what’s her story and why isn’t it being explored at least somehow. I did like that at least some of Lala’s beliefs, and that of succubi in general are mentioned. I enjoyed that she wasn’t evil, more fun and mischievous overall, which made the overall story have a lighter tone that transferred to the main characters as well.
I just really want more succubi in a series that has succubus in the title.
Three out of five pitchforks.
It would be nice to see the series continue, the way things ended suggests it might and considering that other succubi series by this author have some connections to this one, it would be nice to see some more real crossovers happen. There’s promise here, but a little less transformation and a bit more succubus would be a delight.