On July 18th, 2016, the 4,000th article was added to the SuccuWiki!
Succubus (Soul Eater)
The character Succubus from Soul Eater
|First Appearance||Soul Eater Chapter 71|
Succubus was the name of a character that appeared in the Soul Eater (ソウルイーター Sōru Ītā ) Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Atsushi Okubo. Set at the "Death Weapon Meister Academy," the series revolves around three teams consisting of a weapon meister and (at least one) human weapon. Trying to make the latter a "Death Scythe" and thus fit for use by the academy's headmaster, Shinigami, they must collect the souls of 99 evil humans and one witch, in that order or they will have to restart all over again.
The Succubus, who was not named and only referred to as "The Succubus", was a demon who adopted a female form in order to seduce men to absorb their life energy. She currently resides in the first chapter ("lust") of the Book of Eibon, after an unsuccessful confrontation with Noah resulted in both her permanent imprisonment and addition to his collection.
In a further attempt to attract men in addition to her rampantly seductive appearance, the Succubus conducts her movements in the most perverted way to expertly accentuate the most bewitching and attractive aspects of her female form.
Befitting her need to entice men in order to fulfill her respective desires and vice, this particular demon has assumed an alluring form that she believes best caters to a typical man's wants: A young and voluptuous female with an ample bust. Her softened facial features are contrasted by the stark addition of a vertical line descending from either of her eyes (Which are shown with heart shaped pupils); these lines are connected by a horizontal line that runs over the bridge of her nose, together creating an "H"-shaped marking.
The rest of her face is concealed beneath a layered and spiky hood, featuring two prominent horns protruding from the sides. Further placing emphasis on her seductive qualities, the Succubus wears the bare minimum of clothing; consisting simply of skintight gloves and stockings decorated with "H"-shaped accents at their openings and a revealing apron that exposes the majority of her back, except for where a few small strands keep it attached to her body. This wardrobe choice's open back also prominenty displays a...Certain aspect of her appearance. A small, slightly coiled devil-like tail extends from just below the small of her back.
- Noah: Due to a series of circumstances that occurred prior to her first appearance, the Succubus came to reside permanently within the first chapter ("lust") of the Book of Eibon, after Noah resolved to add her to his collection. Although unconfirmed, it is highly likely that this left antagonistic feelings between the pair.
- Blair: Although very brief, the Succubus possessed profound feelings for Blair. As Blair's gender was swapped, she took on the form of a highly handsome man, which the Succubus immediately fell in love with, as she stopped attempting to seduce the members of Spartoi, blushed (with her heart-shaped pupils growing wide) and rushed towards Blair. However, this relationship was short-lived as Blair only used her looks as a distraction in order to send the Succubus flying with her Halloween Cannon.
- Salvage: When the consequences of entering the first chapter of the Book of Eibon afflict various members of the Spartoi group sent to rescue Death the Kid with a sudden gender reversal, a strange yet shapely female leg emerges from one of the surrounding columns of fabric that inhabit this realm. From the narration provided by the Index, it is revealed that this appendage belongs to the Succubus, whose full form elicits a small trail of blood from the nose of the recently turned male Maka Albarn, who comically admits that she now knows how it feels to be a man. Her partner, Soul, who is not affected by the Succubus since he is now female, argues with her, asking 'what's so great about that thing?' resulting in an amusing switching of roles between the partners, as it is often Soul who breaks into a nosebleed and Maka that argues with him.
- The character of the Succubus is in fact derived from the demons of the same name that often appear within actual medieval folklores, where these succubi conduct themselves in a similar manner to that envisioned by Ōkubo.
- The numerous Hs on the Succubus' person are most likely a reference to the Japanese word ecchi, denoting sexually explicit material or behavior; "ecchi" is a spelling-out of the Japanese pronunciation of the letter H, and could have originated as a polite codeword for hentai in the 1960's.
- There is a small clothing fetish niche called hadaka apron, notably popular in Japan. Consisting of an individual -- Usually a woman -- wearing only an apron over their nude body or with minimal clothing, it is extremely popular on Japanese CG artwork websites and is accepted as the sign for newlyweds.